play like a champion Amazing & Inspiring Football Speech: I am a champion!

I love Football.Nobody can hide on a football field: all your strengths, fears, and weakness are on the field of battle for everyone to see.  The toughness is your mind and the grit in your heart will determine how well you play; how much you’re willing to sacrifice for victory.It’s not only the game that I love, but the elevating calm before the storm.  Getting your mind in a place that will know no surrender-no defeat.  Creating a mental zone to give it everything you have and leave nothing on the battle field.  (Leave nothing but the body parts of your opponent, as one of my coachesuse to say)  With the season approaching fast, I decided to dedicate one post to my favorite sport.  I hope you will enjoy this inspiring and motivating speech by Coach Flowers.

If your looking for more great football Speeches check out this great link: Inspiring FNL Speech

Related Posts:

Great Vince Lombardi Quotes and Lou Holtz philosophy on winning

Today gentleman, I am honored to coach you, and I am more honored to take you onto the field of battle.  There is another honor to be bestowed upon you.  That is the answer that comes with that question.  Who Am I?

Answer: I am a champion!

That’s right and I need you to remember that all throughout this game.

I will conquer what has never been conquered. Defeat will not be in my creed. I will believe where all those before me have doubted. I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor and respect of my team. I have trained my mind and now my body will follow!

• WHO AM I? ….
  • I AM A CHAMPION!!!

I will acknowledge the fact that I am an elite warrior who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by any means at my disposal. I accept the fact that my team expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than our opponents. Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One hundred percent and more

• WHO AM I? ….
  • I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained warrior. My heart and my soul will be the fuel to carry my body when my limbs are to weary. I will never falter, I will never lose focus as long as there is hope in my mind and my heart still beats. I will never give in to the evil that is weakness and I will fight that evil with my dying breath.

• WHO AM I? ….
  • I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Energetically will I meet my enemies, no one will challenge me, none will stop me from my goal. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Champion’s word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall at the hands of my enemy and under no circumstances will I ever surrender.

• WHO AM I? ….
  • I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Readily will I display the discipline and strength required to fight on to my objective and I will complete my mission. I will rise when I fallen. I will rip the heart from my enemy and leave it beating on the ground. My enemy need not fear me but he will respect me and if he does not. I will make him respect me with all that I have to give.

• WHO AM I? ….
  • I AM A CHAMPION!!!

History will remember my name and he will not have to be kind. For I will have denied his criticisms and put in my own praise, No one will define me, no one will tell me what I can achieve, none will say I have not given all I have to give and none will take my glory.

• WHO AM I? ….
  • I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Our believe, our code, OUR RELIGION is what? …. The 5 Commandments of football.

I am a champion!

Alternate Version:  Historic Coach Flowers pre-game speech for leland high school before the championship jv game.

WHO AM I? …. I AM A CHAMPION!!!

WHO AM I? …. I AM A CHAMPION!!!

WHO AM I? …. I AM A CHAMPION!!!

WHO AM I? …. I AM A CHAMPION!!!

WHO AM I? …. I AM A CHAMPION!!!

WHO AM I? …. I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Our believe, our code, OUR RELIGION is what? …. The 5 Commandments of football.

37 Responses to Amazing & Inspiring Football Speech: I am a champion!

1. ImaNicePerson says:

Great motivational speech. Thanks for sharing.

2. Anonymous says:

Those aren’t the lyrics to what he is saying.

His (Coach Flower’s) version is way better than this one.

• Kaku says:

But where’s the video which has the above written lyrics? I think that’s the original. Maybe the flower’s speech was inspired by it?

• Reaver says:

I will conquer what has not been conquered. Defeat will not be in my creed. I will believe where others have doubted. I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor and respect of my team. I have trained my mind and now my body will follow!

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

I will acknowledge the fact that my opponents do not expect me to win, but I wil never surrender. Weakness will not be in my heart. I will look to my comrades, to those who have brought me into this world and to those who have trained me and I will draw strenght from them.

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

I will gladly go into the field of battle and i will move, groove and do verything i can do my field of battle by any means at my disposal. And when i get there I will arrive violently. I will rip the heart from my enemy and leave it bleeding on the floor, because he can not stop me.

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

To my sides I have comrades, comrades who have been with me through thick and thin. Through sacrifice, through blood, trough sweat, trough tears. Never will I let them fall, never will I let them down and never will I leave an enemy behind, because our opponent does not know my heart

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

No one will deny me! No one will defy me! And no one will tell me who and what i am and can be. Belief will change my world. It has moved continents, it has moved countried and put man on the moon. And it will carry me through this battle.

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Defeat, retreat, those are not in my words. I do not understand those definitions. I do not understand it when things go wrong. I do not understand mistakes, but I understand this. I understand victory and never surrendering. No matter how bad things go, my heart and my mind will carry my body when my limbs are too weak.

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Today will be that day, not tomorrow, not next week, but right now and right here, in your house, in your home.

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

History will remember me and I will not have to worry about him being kind. I will define myself. I will write my own praises. And no one will tell me what I can be and can not be. I will never go home, without knowing i’ve given everything I’ve got.

Because:

WHO AM I? ….
        I AM A CHAMPION!!!

3. Terry johnson says:

WOW gave me chills great speech my boy (10} watched it 15 times i wish i had it on dvd to show my team thanks

4. Mark C. says:

Football…a metaphor for life! This guy is is one hell of a coach!

5. gav says:

does anyone know who they played in this game and if they won? thanks, really wanna know!

6. Player says:

I was on that team and we won. I cant remember, I am pretty sure it was piedmont hills. It could have been westmont, though. He is the greatest coach I have ever had and I have ultimate respect for him.

• justin says:

hey, im currently on a highschool football team and were a really small school and most of the ppl on the team are not very excited to be at practices and dont seem to try hard doing any drills or sprints. So by having this great coach what did he do or what did you at a player do to keep your teammates working hard to become better…..my team needs help and i would like to hear what you think i should do

• Cowboy says:

Really?!?!?! How do you NOT remember who you played in a “Championship” game?!?! LMAO Plus, its not like your game was a championship game in 1967 or something! lol /Fail!

7. Mackford hall says:

Im a football player from ferndale high school mackford hall and it does get much better than this speech thumbs up

8. bob says:

whats the name of the irish song in the background????

9. Austin says:

great speech..

but did they win…!

10. stevens says:

The irish song is off the film “the last of the Mohicans” starring daniel day lewis.
    You will be able to find out the song through the film

11. Wow I’m goin to try reading this speech everytime I have a game I play football for the Montclair Bulldogs the North Jersey PopWarner Peewee Champs

12. HURST says:

no team with the big hit actually won the game.lol

13. Wesley Hazel says:

RLTW….. Get’em Coach..

14. michael belfiore says:

i just learned a lot by listening to this speech. my team rite now isnt at its fullest potiential but i think if i read this to them it will clear there minds and it will show them what i saw by reading this speech.. hopefully it gets us somewhere this year.

15. Charlotte Chafin says:

My son plays little league football and his team was the #2 seed going into the playoffs.. They won everygame of the season but the first one and that is the team that was the # 1 seed. One of the parents posted this on our team board and I loved it so I had my son listen to it the day before the game and he told me he wanted to listen to it all the way to the game. I let him listen to it all the way to the game last Sunday and our team won 28-20. Thank you for this wonderful speech I have pasted the link on to everyone I know.

16. Lg says:

Hi, This is a great speech! I would love to have a copy of it on DVD. How can I get it?

17. Somart says:

Are we going to another war? It’s sport guys, there’s no need for body parts and all those ugly images, please! Work hard, play tough, practice smart, enjoy and make the right choices! That’s sport!

18. TheWoodPeople says:

please listen to my music I have written my piece champion from a players perspective listening to the speech and then goes onto the field and finally winns
    see under YouTube channel “Thewoodpeople” “champion”

19. silasora says:

hi, the speech is great, i started to go thru it again and again… even though i do not play football, (i am from germany).. – i have a question: what are the 5 commandments of football?

20. Anonymous says:

my team is an average team but when we listened to this we went out beat the best team in league who have never lost in the past 2 years of a score 35 to 0 and that was their only loss and we lost the championship 3 to 0 but we learned to be the best we cna be

21. champion says:

the lyrics DO NOT MATCH with the speech!!! wtf …

22. dekeybrion says:

Football is the sport that come first in my life. It what I love

23. manuel says:

Well guys gentleman dudes only i can say that this speech will change minds for moving up and never give up never !! becaudr only you decided to mobe on and give up you have choice and i hope you select the first one

24. WarDog says:

Ranger Creed – RLTW

25. Pete says:

That was also taken from the Ranger Creed and tweeked for football. Very well done! But give credit where it is truly due. I recognized it quickly. I wonder why? :) Hooah!

26. Jelly Ables says:

I wrote that speech in a drunken haze. This theiving coach stole it from me, and is now famous…

27. RANGER "T"- US ARMY RANGER says:

THIS INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM THE US AIRBORNE RANGERS CREED!
    RANGER CREED

The Ranger Creed means so much too so many people. The funny part is you could ask each of them what it means and you’ll get a different answer each time. For being such a short and direct Creed it really hits people differently. I was a young SGT serving in a Long Range Surveillance Detachment (LRSD) responsible for recruiting new members of the unit. We ran a small selection program to ensure high quality Soldiers would be accepted. One of the things I made the candidates do is learn the Ranger Creed. Notice I did not say memorize the Ranger Creed. There is a big difference between the two. When I came to test their progress one of the Soldiers had not even attempted to learn it. He basically stated that he had been told to memorize it several times in the past and since he wasn’t in the 75th Ranger Regiment didn’t see the point. I wanted to lose my cool right there and just scuff him up, but realized this would do no good. So I sat him down and went line by line of Creed showing how it related to everything we do both at work and in our private lives. The next day he came in and recited the whole Ranger Creed. I truly believe if you live and embody the Ranger Creed you can’t go wrong in life.

So now we fast forward many years down the road and now I’m a medically retired Sergeant First Class (SFC) with 14 years’ service. I just spent the weekend watching the 2011 Best Ranger Competition where 2-man Ranger teams compete against each to prove who is better. It’s a grueling 3 day 60 hour event with little food and rest. These Rangers truly give it their all and if they don’t win get very little recognition. As I watched these Rangers compete it made me think back to embodying the Ranger Creed. So here is the Ranger Creed and how it affects my life today.

1st STANZA

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I did volunteer for the US Army and Ranger training and I went to War in Iraq and knew there was a chance of getting killed or hurt. In my case I was injured by an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and sustained several injuries.

I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment. Rangers are known for not quitting, always pushing forward, and completing the mission. Just because I’m injured doesn’t mean I can quit, not be adaptive, or not complete the mission which is living life.

2nd STANZA
    Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air. This means no matter what situation I find myself in I can find a way to get there. Setting goals to achieve and not letting any obstacles get in my way.

I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier. This just means I have to constantly challenge myself in all aspects of my life from daily Physical and Occupational Therapy, coming up with new ideas how to adapt to the world not the world to me, and waste no time doing it.

3rd STANZA

Never shall I fail my comrades. Too many of our Veterans are coming home with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Depression, and other illness and I feel it’s my job to help them anyway I ca, If you look at the rising number of suicides among Veterans you cannot afford to fail them.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some. I can’t expect people to do things for me or be around 100% of the time. I have to do things for myself and if I don’t keep myself physically and mentally fit there’s no way I can do those things. It might not be the fast and easy way but it definitely is the right way. Sometimes that means shouldering a little more, picking up the slack, and giving it the extra little push to get it accomplished. It also means if someone is in trouble you need to step up and help them.

4th STANZA

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. I want the world to see that my training and what Military, US Army, and Rangers did for me. They helped me become the man I am today. Without those experiences and lessons along the way there is no way I could deal with the struggles of my new life with understanding I do now.

My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow. If I don’t show respect to people, take care of myself, and not lead by example I would consider myself a failure. This is so important because whether you realize it or not people are always watching and what you do is how they determine the kind of person you are. When I was in the hospital I had other wounded Veterans push me and motivate me and now that I’m well it’s my turn to give back.

5th STANZA

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I have two enemies. One I have met and other are the challenges in front of me.

I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. I have defeated the first enemy because though they blew my ass up they didn’t get the best of me. When I went to Iraq 3 times last year I always had a smile on my face to prove it. As far as the challenges in front me I know I will defeat those too in time.

Surrender is not a Ranger word. Exactly that, never give up

I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country. Going back to what I said earlier making sure no Veteran or Ranger feels they are alone, without hope, or the need to give up. We must take care of our own.

6th STANZA

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. This is the icing on the cake. Everything leads up to this. No matter what happens I will always continue on no matter what.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

I know if I sat down and really thought about it and took my time I could easily write a book on the Ranger Creed and what each Stanza stands for. The important thing is to know is no matter what situation you are in the Ranger Creed can be used as motivation and answers. The Ranger was so well written that when you look at other Creeds like the Soldier’s Creed and Sapper Creed they pretty much use the same words, Stanza set up, and sound very similar. That’s one more reason why

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY.