kung fu panda quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“Quit, don’t quit, noodles, don’t noodles. You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There is a saying, “Yesterday is History, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that’s why it is called a present.” Kung Fu Panda

If you enjoy this Post, check out my Follow up: 13 more Movie quotes for the Enlightened Mind

braveheart quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.”  BraveHeart

glimpses of heaven 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“Man should never fear Death, but man should fear never having lived.” Glimpses of Heaven

8 and half quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“Accept me as I am. Only then can we discover each other.” 8 and a Half

crouching tiger hidden dragon quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“Real sharpness comes without effort. No growth without assistance. No action without reaction. No desire without restraint. Now give yourself up and find yourself again.” Couching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

english patient quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“We die containing a richness of lovers and tribes; tastes we have swallowed, bodies we have plunged into and swum up as if rivers, characters we have hidden if as if caves, fears we have climbed up as if caves. I wish for all this to be marked on my body when I am dead. I believe in such cartography, to be marked by nature. Not just to label ourselves like the names of rich men and women on buildings. We are communal books, communal histories. All that I wished was to walk upon an earth that had no maps.” The English Patient

the notebook quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“I am no one special, just a common man with common thoughts. I’ve led a common life, there are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect, I’ve succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived…I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul and for me… that has always been enough.” The Notebook

coach carter quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness which frightens us. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world, there is nothing enlightening about shrinking so other people don’t feel insecure around you. We were all meant to shine as children do, it’s not just in some of us, its in everyone. And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated our presence automatically liberates others. …… Sir. I just want to say thank you.” Coach Carter

fear and loathing in las vegas quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas, has it been 5 years? 6? It seems like a lifetime. The kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle 60′s was a very special time and place to be a part of, but no explanation, no mix of words, or music, or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time in the world. Whatever it meant. There was madness in any direction, at any hour, you can strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning, and that I think…was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of old and evil. Not in any mean or military sense. We didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now less than 5 years later, you could go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high water mark. That place where the wave finally broke….and rolled back.” Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

dead poets society quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, [O me! O life! of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life? Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.] That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?” Dead Poets Society

american beauty quote 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

“I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst, and then I remember to relax and stop trying to hold on to it and then if flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I’m talking about, I’m sure but don’t worry you will someday.” American Beauty

33 Responses to 11 Enlightening movie quotes that will touch your Heart

1. Jonathan says:

Author,
    If you have any movie quotes that you think should be added to the list feel free to share. I will even look them up for you…
    Any comments or feedback are always welcome here. Kindest Regards
    Jonathan

2. Matt says:

What a great way to set yourself up in good spirits to begin the day. A combination of well known but also a few more obscure quotes, something new for everyone here I would think. Thanks for sharing.

3. Gerri says:

You’ve listed some great ones here. American Beauty is such a classic. Great job with this.

4. Milander says:

What a load of teenage emo guilt crap… give yourselves another ten years, have a marriage and a few kids and then just maybe you’ll realise what a ton of shit this is.

5. Really? says:

Does there seriously always have to be a negative comment? It’s like the great balance of the internet. People can’t leave well enough alone. Milander, you are a jaded individual and will never truly know happiness in your sad, pathetic life if you can’t embrace the ideals of small victories and happiness. Good luck in whatever you consider success to be. We as humans have nothing if we don’t have happiness wherever we can get it.

6. I disagree. I’m married, and I enjoy the quotes. Although, next time go for the jugular and get us some horror movie quotes too

7. bobbym says:

Milander, I feel for you. I’ve lived 57 years, had two kids and two grandkids, two marriages, lived in communes, lived in my van, lived on the street, been marooned in a strange city with no friends, no money, no faith, no hope. DESPITE all that I still retain the joy of living and the awe of the beauty that is in this world.

What’s in your heart is what you look for, what you look for is what you see, and what you see affects how you live your life. Mine is good, thanks be to God!

8. hello? says:

you might want to acknowledge the fact that the quote from coach carter is actually from a book called A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles” by Marianne Williamson, so in reality, its not a movie quote, but a reference to a great writer

9. anakin4me says:

It’s like a new pair of underwear. At first it’s constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you.

-Garth Algar,
    Wayne’s World

10. ashok says:

These are really nice! Thanks!

11. Spiralsshadeaux says:

Pulling meaningful quotes from memorable movies and reminding us of these moments is truly a great way to bring
    substance to our day! Thank You!

12. Nice list you’ve got here! Thanks for reminding about the various quotes! There can be so much wisdom in them.

Evelyn

13. Dwight / Powerful Thoughts says:

One of my favorite quotes from Norman McLean via Robert Redford and “A River Runs Through It.”

Each one of here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don’t know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them – we can love completely without complete understanding.

Dwight

14. David Beach says:

Milander…. maybe your life is so bad is because you dont follow these quotes. They are posted here… they are written and they are a great way to live… married, not married… divorced…sick and dying or dancing under the moonlight.As they say… You don’t stop playing because you grow old… you grow old because you stop playing.

One step to practice is to polish your jade….

madhypnotist@gmail.com

15. Milander says:

Thanks for the comments and all but, sorry, still a load of old sentimental twaddle to me. All written by some alcoholic hollywood script writer to make a fast buck off of your emotions…. as for trying to live my life by them, hahahahahaahahaha!

not trolling btw

16. Joel says:

Milander I’m curious, what do you consider to be beautiful, if not these quotes?

17. Tony says:

Many thanks for the list. Hope you like this one

From the film Harvey.

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she’d say, “In this world, Elwood, you must be,” – she always called me Elwood – “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.” Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

18. The Movie Whore says:

Nicely done.

One of my favorites is from Grosse Point Blank.

“Some people say forgive and forget. Nah, I don’t know. I say forget about forgiving and just accept.”

19. Kay says:

This is why I love movies – and I do to almost an obsessive degree.
    Excellent list. Here is my addition -

Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?
    Evan Almighty

20. Milander says:

@ Joel, I consider my wife and children to be beautiful. Words may be sweet and heartfelt when written or spoken with true feeling but these are no substitute as they are words written for the purpose of evoking a feeling or emotion from an audience, anyone (within reason) can write such prose. The quotes above feel sticky, extremely trite and overmuch, they feel false as no real person would ever say such things except actors.

On the other hand “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, if you feel they are beautiful, as do many other commenters, then who am I to argue? All I can say is that they are not beautiful to me, they do not stir my, perhaps cynical, heart and neither do I feel they are good examples of the best “movie quotes that will touch your heart”. The whole point of a movie is imagery not language anyway, Images have moved my heart in a movie, the scripts, usually ripped off from a book, have
    not.

You can try this yourself and I invite you to do so…

Watch your fav film with the sound off, subtitles allowed of course, then watch it again with just the sound playing, no images, easy to do if you have a hooked up sound system. Then compare the two experiences, I’m sure you’ll find that it is the visual experience over the sound experience that moves you the most… or maybe I’m wrong?

Either way, we may just have a difference of opinion. Friends? :-)

21. Pete says:

Milander
    One of these certainly not written by a Hollywood script writer, the quote from Fear and Loathing is written by the Gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson. He was an amazing person but he eventually committed suicide, but he still saw something beautiful in the world.

22. Steve H says:

You must not have much of a life to be fooling around with all of this garbage. Get a life and forget about movies and stop putting crap on Stumble.

23. bob says:

“Yippee Kayay Motherfucker!” Die Hard

24. Keirsten says:

I believe in music the way some people believe in fairy tales.

August Rush

25. Frederick says:

I am always hard pressed to understand why people leave nasty comments like the ones above. I am guessing by attempting to put other people down, it somehow makes critics feel better about themselves. Truly, only unhappy people need to put other people down… And since I have no power over unhappy people when they send criticism my way, I tell them to ‘bite me’ and I go happily on my way. Lol

On another subject, here is an inspirational quote of my own:

You are perfect in every way until you compare yourself to another. – Frederick Zappone

I have 36 more like that posted on my Top 37 Quotation page which you can get to by clicking on this link:

Frederick Zappone

26. Jaunesk says:

In The War Game The dead Code,

A conversation between the main actor and actress

Actress “You never give me the answer, the glass is half full or half empty.”

Actor “It is of different size.”

Well a new perspective on being pessimistic or Optimistic.

Just change the size of the glass, you half empty will be FULL. :)

27. jJulie says:

Beautiful quotes from some very inspiring movies. Milander what does it matter that these quotes came from movies. In the beginning they had to come from someones heart and head put together. Be more optimistic….believe me our world needs more optimistic people. Everyone is entitled to their opinions…but dragging it on and on…gets old. Who knows….reading one of these quotes may have just meant the world to someone.

Well done Alchemy….you are one of many that try to make this world more beautiful and lift spirits up.

28. Marelisa says:

I enjoyed these quotes, thank you. “American Beauty” is a great film, I think I like the quote you chose from that movie the most.

29. marie says:

Love this thanks :D

30. Heather says:

First, I must say excellent list. These are beautiful words. Especially the quote from Hunter Thompson. I find much of what he had to say beautiful. Second, let’s leave Milander alone. And I don’t mean that because I think he’s an idiot for not liking these quotes just because I do. I don’t. He’s entitled to his opinion, and from reading one of his posts, I gather that he tends to experience beauty as a visual, not auditory thing. So, just because one person finds beauty and inspiration in words, rather than scenery, that doesn’t mean that all people necessarily will or have to. But that also runs the other way, just because I think that these words are beautiful, that doesn’t make me some sappy kid who knows nothing about what is “truly beautiful” in life. People are different, and I say, to each his own.

31. Jonathan says:

I recently created a new Directory for Enlighten Your Day, during the process I realized that I had yet to write a follow up to 11 Enlightening Movie Quotes that will touch your Heart; which received a whopping 45,011 views to date. So here are 13 more movie quotes for your reading pleasure.