I published a post containing, Tips on living a better life in 2008, which sparked serious debate over number 28, “God heals almost everything”. I was pleased this post had such passionate responses. I allowed all negative and positive comments fly while watching the debate progress. Few chose the middle ground, but those comments were my favorite. What I loved most about the post was learning insight from its publication.
Photo found on Vi.sualize.us
Notably, the following seemed to strike a cord with me:
Comment by JM, “It’s as though #28 ruined the day for everyone who read it. I’m agnostic or atheist or I don’t really know what, but it’s really irrelevant. I’m just blown away by the negativity that one comment can provoke in people who are logging on to a website based on “enlightenment.” My personal advice would be to “F&*$# lighten up.” But perhaps more sage advice would be what a Buddhist monk once told me when I struggled with one of the teachings: “Ignore that teaching. If it is a roadblock to accepting the good parts in the other passages, then you must discard it. Maybe one day you will feel differently about it, maybe not, but don’t let it get in the way of the parts which are helpful to you.” That’s my two cents. Feel free to get angry, I won’t.”
Photo found on Vi.sualize.us
So as a follow up I’m asking the following questions in hopes that my readers will continue this debate and learn from each other. What are the most important questions in life? Are they about religion, happiness, freedom, love, etc? Can any answers true satisfy, or are the answers shape by ones experience? Have you found any answers? What?
To start off, I listed questions to get the ball rolling. I hope you will share your knowledge, love, hate, wisdom, or anything you feel like ranting about. I will allow everything to be published.
Photo found on Gods Emerald’s
- What is the meaning of life?
- Where Did I Come From?
- Who Am I?
- Where Am I Going?
- How much money is enough?
- What is love?
- Is there a Supreme Being and is his name really God?
- How far does space go? Is there life on other planets?
- ”What is the meaning of life?
- How much is it?… Are you married? Will there be an open bar?
- “What kind of job will I have in the future or even right now”? “Where will I live?” “Who will I marry?”
- “WHAT DOES GOD WANT ME TO DO WITH MY LIFE?” “What do I want to do with my life?”
- “What are the most important questions I need to figure out to be happy?”
- “What is happiness and how do I achieve it?”
- “Why is an all-knowing God not naturally known by His human creation?”
- Is there real proof that God cares for you?”
- What is life all about?”
- “Is there life after death?”
- “Why does God allow pain and suffering?”
- “Can we know God?”
- Does God choose sides?”
- Does God want freedom?
- Why does God let war happen?
- Whom should we pray for?
- Is my life significant?
- What really matters in life?
- Why should I get up in the morning?
- Is there life after death?
- DO I have free will?
- Why are we here?